Winter Workouts will run for 6-8 weeks in January and February. They will be held on either Saturday or Sunday and run for two hours at a full field indoor training facility. The workouts will focus on team fielding and hitting and individual speed and strength programs. There are three goals for Winter Workouts. The first is for the boys to get work in as a team in preparation for the Summer Season. The second is for the coaches to identify each player's strengths weaknesses and build individualized training programs for each team member. The third is to make sure each player is 100% prepared to enter their individual high school spring training programs at full speed.
- 1 team practice a week at an indoor facility within a 1-hour drive of NYC
- Individual speed and conditioning plans for players to implement on their own
- Possibility for one additional night of batting practice at a facility in Astoria.
Summer 2020 Season
The NY Rebels 16U Summer 2020 team will play in tournaments that attract high-level talent and college coaches. The most well know is the Perfect Game. We will also play a tournament in Diamond Nation in NJ and are looking at other options including one showcase event.
- June 19 through September 7th.
- 9 Weekend Tournaments
- NY/NJ/PA area with a mix of local and overnight stays
- 1 Individual Showcase Event
Practices will be held twice weekly on Tuesday and Thursday nights in June and Wednesday and Thursday nights in July and August. We recognize that many of the players will have additional summer academic and work obligations so practice will not start before 5:30 pm.
- Practices times still to be finalized but will not start before 5:30 pm.
- We are still determining practice location but field will be in either Manhattan or the Bronx.
- Attendance at all practices is mandatory.