Baseball activities for 2021 start with Winter workouts on Saturday mornings in January and February. We will be holding workouts at the Prime Time Batting Complex in Astoria Queens. The facility includes four full size batting tunnels, two pitchers’ mounds, a turfed weight/fitness room that doubles as a mini infield.
- Our pre-season program is modeled after the pro and college game. We encourage all our players to take November and December off baseball activities, get healthy, hit the weight room, and come to Winter workouts in January ready to work.
- Winter workouts focus on primarily two aspects of the game- Hitting and Physical Fitness for position players. Pitchers will start a throwing program during this period as well to safely warm up and prepare their arms for the Spring season.
- Our teams will be the ONLY people in the building so we can implement and enforce strict Covid 19 protocols. Masks are required 100% of the time when we use indoor facilities.
- Each team has a full 90-minute practice with three coaches. Our coaches all have college or pro baseball playing experience and are dedicated and experienced youth baseball coaches. There will be little downtime as players move between coaches, fitness, and hitting stations.
- In addition to the Head and Assistant coach we have a pitching coach at all Winter workouts to ensure our pitchers have solid mechanics, learn arm care, and refine their pitches.
Spring 2021 Season
The 2021 Spring Season kicks off officially in March
- Outdoor practice starts the first week of March, weather permitting with two practices per week.
- Outdoor practices will be on Saturday or Sunday.
- Indoor batting practice is at the Prime Time facility during the week.
- Depending on the team and the need we may add a third practice only for Pitchers and Catcher.
- The teams will play in the GHVBL with opponents from Westchester, Fairfield County, and Hudson County.
- Season opener is the weekend of March 27th and runs through May 16th. We will play Saturday or Sunday Double Headers.
- Post Seasons starts May 18th and Championship weekend is June 6th.
- Our teams will play 3 tournaments during the Spring Season. One will be on Memorial Day Weekend.
- Tournaments will be commensurate with the team talent.
- Travel and hotel stay will largely be dictated by what is going on with Covid, CDC guidelines, and NYS quarantine rules for visiting other states.
- We like USABL and Diamond Nation Tournaments in NJ. Another great organization is Firecracker out of Boston. They are bringing a tournament to Queens this year and we are excited to enter our Rebels teams.
Practices will be held twice weekly on Tuesday and Thursday nights in June and Wednesday and Thursday nights in July and August. We recognize that many of the players will have additional summer academic and work obligations so practice will not start before 5:30 pm.
- Practices times still to be finalized but will not start before 5:30 pm.
- We are still determining practice location but field will be in either Manhattan or the Bronx.
- Attendance at all practices is mandatory.
Summer 2021 Season
The Summer 2021 Season Opens on June 10th and runs through August 15th.
- For teams that have summer league play we play in the GHVBL. Games will be held on Saturday or Sunday in a double header format and weekday evenings in a single game format.
- Each team will play in 6-8 tournaments per season depending on age bracket.
- Teams have two, two-hour, weekday practices during the season. Pitchers and catchers should expect a third practice just for them.
- We utilize the TeamSnap app as our one source of information for all communication and scheduling. Our goal is to have our entire season – practices, games, and tournaments – 90% scheduled before the first practice happens so our families can plan their own schedules accordingly.